I've installed the extension, but the empty attributes are still visible. What can be done?
- 1. Extension conflicts
- 2. The standard block was replaced by another extension.
1. Extension conflicts:
1.1 Open the extension settings page 'ET Hide Empty Attributes'. path: System -> Configuration -> ET Extensions -> Hide Empty Attributes. The extension has an integrated conflict check, if another extension is rewriting the same class then '
ET Hide Empty Attributes' will display a warning:
1.2 Resolve the conflict(s) for the extension to run adequately.
2. The standard block was replaced by another extension.
- 2.1 If there are no conflict notifications, then you will need to check what blocks are used on the website.
How to check what blocks are used on the website
- 2.2 Open the product page -> 'Additional information' tab (Additional info).
On the right you will see the name of the used block.
If it's not Mage_Catalog_Block_Product_View_Attributes, then another extension is replacing the standard one.
If you're using TM_EasyTabs, then you'll see: TM_EasyTabs_Block_Tab_Product_Additional.You'll need to find the file with this block (class): 'TM_EasyTabs_Block_Tab_Product_Additional'.
- 2.3 Finding the file.
The name itself suggests where it should be: 'TM_EasyTabs_Block_Tab_Product_Additional' => TM/EasyTabs/Block/Tab/Product/Additional.php The file may also be in: – the site's root /app/community/TM/EasyTabs/Block/Tab/Product/Additional.php or – site's root /app/local/TM/EasyTabs/Block/Tab/Product/Additional.php
- 2.4 In it, find the line: class TM_EasyTabs_Block_Tab_Product_Additional extends Mage_Catalog_Block_Product_View_Attributes comment it: //class TM_EasyTabs_Block_Tab_Product_Additional extends Mage_Catalog_Block_Product_View_Attributes and add the following line right after it: class TM_EasyTabs_Block_Tab_Product_Additional extends ET_HideEmptyAttributes_Block_Default Save the file. The extension should work properly. Check if the extension hides the empty attributes.